Victor left today to the MTC. It was so hard to let him go!
We all went out to lunch at Chuck-A-Rama (missionaries eat for free on wednesdays if they're going to the MTC), and then we had to be at the MTC at 12:30pm. Natasha (mom's friend), mom, Victor, James, Bobby (Victor's friend), me, Elijah, and Jacen were all there.
Then we went to the MTC to drop Victor off. He went in to get his name tag, and it looked really cool in Japanese. We took some pictures and I'll post them as soon as I can get them on here. Then we went into the chapel with all the other missionaries and their families to have a little devotional before we had to say goodbye. I broke down and BAWLED while we sang "Called to Serve". Then a couple of the branch presidency people spoke a few words, then we watched a movie on missionaries being called on missions and the MTC experiences, and then we had to say goodbye. I was a wreck. On the other hand, my mom was all smiles and laughing, excited for Victor to go- go figure. Then we said goodbye, and Victor went out one door while we went out the other. It was so hard! I didnt think I'd be that upset, but I guess it came too fast for me!
Elijah wasn't going to be able to go, but turned out he woke up late this morning to go to work, and when he thought that sending Victor to the MTC would only take a few minutes, it turned into hours and so he ended up not going to work at all. It was good to have him there with us.
Jacen has been very cranky lately. I bet his tooth will come through his gums any day now....
Toodles!
We all went out to lunch at Chuck-A-Rama (missionaries eat for free on wednesdays if they're going to the MTC), and then we had to be at the MTC at 12:30pm. Natasha (mom's friend), mom, Victor, James, Bobby (Victor's friend), me, Elijah, and Jacen were all there.
Then we went to the MTC to drop Victor off. He went in to get his name tag, and it looked really cool in Japanese. We took some pictures and I'll post them as soon as I can get them on here. Then we went into the chapel with all the other missionaries and their families to have a little devotional before we had to say goodbye. I broke down and BAWLED while we sang "Called to Serve". Then a couple of the branch presidency people spoke a few words, then we watched a movie on missionaries being called on missions and the MTC experiences, and then we had to say goodbye. I was a wreck. On the other hand, my mom was all smiles and laughing, excited for Victor to go- go figure. Then we said goodbye, and Victor went out one door while we went out the other. It was so hard! I didnt think I'd be that upset, but I guess it came too fast for me!
Elijah wasn't going to be able to go, but turned out he woke up late this morning to go to work, and when he thought that sending Victor to the MTC would only take a few minutes, it turned into hours and so he ended up not going to work at all. It was good to have him there with us.
Jacen has been very cranky lately. I bet his tooth will come through his gums any day now....
Toodles!
4 comments:
I'm so glad, he'll be a great missionary!! You all look great in the picture!
Thanks Lee! It'll be exciting for him. It's about time he left though! He's been waiting for this for 1 1/2 years!
We need to get together sometime soon, k?
Congrats Victor! Gotta say that you almost exactly like your Dad except taller when he was in Recife. I think that you will love Japan. Oh, and I hear that the Noodles are really good to eat there. It's either that or Rice!
Good Luck!
Randy and Pat Jentzsch
Thanks everyone! I wish Victor could see this blog, but he's not allowed. :( When he comes back though he'll have 2 years worth of comments and posts on here to go through! hahahahah
-Silvia
Post a Comment