Wednesday, January 14, 2009

9 months old!

I've been neglectful of this blog lately, so I wanted to update it real quick before Jacen turns 10 months... well, he only turned 9 months old on the 10th and I didn't want to forget to put up the pictures.
He's been so fun lately. He said "DADA!" this past sunday, and waved "bye-bye" to grandma the day before. He's growing up so fast, I can't believe it!
He weighed an amazing 24 lbs 9oz (94th percentile), and measured 30 1/4 inches (96th percentile) at his 9-month check up on monday. Dr. Witt was amazed at how well he's been doing, and said that's "as good as a baby will get". We've been so blessed to have a GREAT baby, laid back and not picky about anything- including his food.

Now that he's got not only 1 but 2 teeth, it's easier for him to eat fingerfoods. He loves peas, carrots, pieces of bread, puffs, raisins, etc... He's done the teething biscuits and yogurt melts (which he LOVES), but he still chokes on them sometimes...
He's not crawling yet, but it's because he's so laid back he just happily sits wherever he's put down. He never feels the need to go anywhere else. He has achieved all his milestones he's supposed to except for crawling. But the pediatrician said not to worry about it, I mean, seriously, he's got a lot of weight to haul around!
-Silvia


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Silvia, those pictures of Jacen are so dang cute. He's such a cute boy. I just want to squeeze his cheeks!

Nikki said...

he seriously is so cute!
i can't believe how fast he's growing up! 9 months already! wow!

The Lilly's said...

What a cute little chunk! Enjoy the immobility while it lasts. I hope you feel better, you sounded awful when you called tonight!

The Bevans said...

He is stinkin cute!! I cannot believe that he is 9 months old!

Langham-Dobson Family said...

Yes, I have to add to everyone else saying he is a cutie pie LOL. Of course we all know it is becasue he is related to me but hey- LOL Hard to believe he is coming up on his first birthday so quickly. I cant wait to see him in August.

KellyW said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they're growing!!

Anonymous said...

Silvia!
O seu bebê está lindo!
Agora estou achando ele a cara do pai!
Você tem que traze-lo pra cá pra gente conhecer quando ele estiver maiorzinho!

Beijos e um ótimo 2009 pra sua linda família!
Gili

Weisenbeck Family said...

He is so big. I can't believe our kids are 9 months already. What a cutie!!