Saturday, December 19, 2009

As I sit here...

... with a massive headache due to the lights (the one that I'm always awarded with when I work in Special Care Nursery), and I'm bored to death, I think of all the wonderful things in my life right now.
Elijah was absolutely AWESOME this semester. I mean, I couldn't have pulled the grades I got if it hadn't been for him supporting me and my studies. We made a pact a few months ago that if I gave him a son and helped raise him, he would extend the same courtesy to me and let me study. It worked out well. Obviously, we had some problems along the way, but they were the usual annoying rocks that come and go as we walk the path of life. He's so good that he knew I didn't have time to enjoy life so he'd help me out by getting fun DVD's to watch, DVR'ing my favorite shows, and he even got me from the library the new Backstreet Boys CD that he for sure hates, but knows it makes me grin from ear to ear :D



Jacen has been a sweet boy for me. He got into trouble, but I'm sure it could've been a lot worse. He stayed in his crib for hours on end without making a peep so I could sleep (one day I accidently overslept and left him in there during his nap for almost 4 hrs!!!!). When I needed to study while he was awake, he'd beg me to read a book for him for just a couple minutes, and if I said "Sorry honey, but I can't read to you right now", he'd sit right next to me on the floor and read to himself. One day he even sat under the dining room table and waited for me to finish. I know, it may seem sad, but it's as if he understood and just did his own thing. That little guy is an angel.

Another wonderful thing in my life is being given an awesome opportunity to work with a geneticist for research. I never thought I was interested in genetics until I did research on bacterial genes. Then I was even more amazed to know my anthropology department chair thinks I have the potential to work with the human genome and do well with it. That's a huge blessing.


 And one more fantastic thing? I can get through anything if I have enough...



...CHOCOLATE!!!!

2 comments:

Jenn & Jake said...

Hahaha, I love you Silvia! Glad this semester went so well for you, best of luck and all our love!

Shauna said...

Yes!! Backstreet Boys can make even the crappies day better! I bought their new CD the day I closed on my house, so it will always bring back great memories! I'm glad you are getting a little break from school! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!! :)