I purposely did not update this blog with a post about our wedding anniversary that came and went on the 5th of this month because we weren't going to celebrate it until this past thursday and I wanted to be able to write about something, and not just "Well, our anniversary is was on the 5th and we're not doing anything for two weeks because I can't get out of school until Spring Break." haha
For a while now Elijah has been wanting to go out of town for our anniversary and every year I've always managed to get out of it somehow. I just figured why do we need to go out when we can have a nice celebration in town?! So this year Elijah wasn't gonna put up with any more of that, therefore he made reservations at the Peppermill in Wendover for this past thursday (we were supposed to head to Vegas but I didn't want to go that far).
Ok, so Wendover was NOT somewhere I envisioned spending a 5-year anniversary celebration. I've always heard how crappy Wendover is, and honestly, whenever I've driven past Wendover, I had to make sure I didn't blink while we passed it, otherwise I would miss it. Then I shadowed Dr. Labrum this past week and he made sure I knew to be careful and to always keep the door to our hotel room locked because he had a patient and her husband who had been badly assaulted there. Needless to say, I was a bit scared and didn't know what to expect.
We arranged for overnight babysitting (thanks Susan and mom!) and headed to Wendover for the night. Once we got there, I was a bit weirded out by the casinos. I've never been inside one before. It was just plain strange. People really get into gambling, don't they?! I could really see why Vegas is called "Sin City". Since the casino at Wendover is a small representation of what Vegas is really like, I felt sorry for all those people. I can't imagine wasting hundreds and hundreds of dollars on chance games you will never win. We ate at the Grand Buffett and Elijah landed an awesome deal on a suite room. The room was really nice and had a jacuzzi and the shower was a steam shower.
Elijah played some Blackjack, and he won some money! We put in $20 and he won $40, so not too bad! He plays smart and that's the key to winning at casinos. He stayed up until 2am (I went to bed at midnight) to get me some money. What a sweetie.
All in all, it was a great anniversary getaway. For our 10 year anniversary (in 2015) we'll have to do something really small since (hopefully!) I'll be in med school and we'll be very, very poor, but we'll definitely make up for it at our 15 yr anniversary!
Sorry no pictures, because once again, I'm terrible at taking them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like you had fun!! we are trying to plan one for anniversary too but we will see..
Post a Comment