If any of you know me well enough, you know that I don't do "motherly" things. Like, I don't usually do much with him that consists of taking him out or doing something out of the ordinary.
Towards the end of this (long!) semester, and as the weather was getting warmer, I started to take him to Sugarhouse Park to go play at the playground. He LOVES it. I've tried taking my textbooks there to study but it doesn't work out so well. He always wants me around. But anyway. After my last final on wednesday, I took him out for a picnic at the park to celebrate the end of the semester and as a "thank you" to him for putting up with mommy being cranky all semester.
We tried playing soccer but it didn't work out so well. He'd kick the ball once then he'd just pick it up and grab my hand so we could go on the playground slides. Funny kid.
Then yesterday I had my friend Nikki over (we've grown closer in the last two years since my brother is gone; she's waiting for him- YAY!!!) and we baked cookies together. She's a fabulous baker and I wouldn't trust myself rolling out cookies on my own, so she supervised my work. She taught me a lot about baking!
We got Jacen involved. Usually that's out of my comfort zone since I knew he was going to be making a mess, but the only mess he made was on the cookies. He emptied out the whole container of green sprinkles on the first two sheets of cookies; and he used the majority of the pink sprinkles on the next couple of batches.
And here I am rolling out the dough. It was fun, I have to admit!
Some of the cookies had WAY too much sprinkles on them... but at least Jacen had fun :)
Who would've thought that two years after having a child I finally start being a mom?!
4 comments:
haha! i love the pictures! even with all the jacen sprinkles the cookies still tasted good! I had a lot of fun making cookies with ya! Thanks for inviting me over!
It's true, Nikki makes good cookies! He's getting big, and I miss him! Stupid job! :(
That was very nice of you to reward him for putting up with a grouchy mommy... I think I need to do the same for Alex.
I am so glad you had fun with Jacen!! The cookies look great!
Post a Comment