Ahhh... Finally. Our house is coming together. We had this white loaner fridge for 4 weeks before Whirlpool decided to hurry up and send us our real fridge. We got our fridge put in place and now our kitchen is mostly done! I still need a few decorations that show the kitchen has some red, but other than that, it's all good.
The boys are really becoming way good friends. Jacen loves to plaster kisses on Andrew's forehead whenever he gets the chance. Jacen makes Andrew laugh so hard- especially in the car. It's pretty funny. I cursed about the fact that I had gotten pregnant with Andrew last year, but I can actually see it isn't bad- they keep each other entertained, and that's one less thing mommy needs to do.
Then last week, the moms in my ward had a playdate at Gallrein Farms. You all know I'm not an outdoor person, let alone a farm person. I have set foot in a farm maybe 2-3 times prior to this one in my life? Anyway. I figured it would give me a chance to get out of the house and let Jacen look at something besides the TV screen. I very much enjoyed chit chatting with the moms in our ward. I'm so thankful for their friendship!
Jacen was a little scared of feeding the goat (ram?!), but with a little encouragement in the form of shoving, he finally let go of the carrot right as the goat slurped it up with its tongue. He thought that was so cool.
But what he thought was the coolest were the chickens. He was fascinated by them. He thought chickens ate pieces of grass, so he decided to keep throwing little tiny pieces of grass into the coop, hoping they would come running to eat them... it didn't happen. But Jacen sure had a good time looking at them.
And big boy Andrew! We found a FANTASTIC pediatrician (thanks to a friend in the ward). I thought no one would outdo Dr. Witt, but this new doctor, Dr. Donovan, is absolutely amazing. He held Andrew for most of the appointment- Dr. Witt had never done that with either one of the kids. But anyway. Andrew weighs 20.5lbs and measures 28 inches long. In the last month, his two front bottom incisors broke through, he decided sliding across the floors instead of crawling would be a great form of transportation, and just tonight, he waved "Bye-bye" for the first time! Daddy is really upset about him growing up, but that's life. Andrew is sleeping all night for the most part and that makes me very happy!
In other news, I started a job working as a Unit Secretary, Nurse Assistant, and Monitor Tech at Baptist Hospital East. I'm still in orientation and will be for at least until end of next week.
So far, so good...
1 comment:
I'm so happy to hear you are doing well! Love the new fridge :) Life is all about the simple things right?!
Post a Comment