Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween 2009



Despite begging Elijah for almost one week to post pictures of Halloween on the blog, he still refused, which left me to post these late.
Halloween was fun for the boys. I had to work the night before and the night of Halloween, so I didn't do anything except for sleep and clean the floors during the day. Also, I've been so busy with school these days that I sort of ran out of time trying to find the perfect Halloween costume for Jacen... I more like forgot to get him a good costume until the day before. *sigh* Elijah and I just figured on saturday morning he'd be the same thing he was last year: a pumpkin. Eighteen month olds don't remember, right? I still felt like a horrible mother.
Elijah took him to Fashion Place Mall to go trick or treating this year, that way he could bypass the monster that comes out of Jacen when exhaustion settles in. It was a good idea except they didn't start until 6pm, and a few angry store employees did not want Elijah to leave without feeling guilty for trick or treating at 4pm. Sheesh!
Jacen didn't know what to do at first, but towards the end he'd just walk into a store, and point to the bucket of candy since he couldn't say "I'm here for some of that, please. According to my parents I'm dressed cute, so please pass the candy over here and get this over and done with". Elijah recorded some of it and it was pretty funny! I wish I had been there :( His favorite was the Honey Teddy Grahams fun packs. He loves those! And I also found out he loves chocolate, just like I do. That made my day!
I hope everyone had a good Halloween!
And happy 50th birthday to my dad :) I love you!

2 comments:

The Lilly's said...

I love his little pumpkin top beret, so cute. Sorry you didn't get to join in the festivities...stupid work.

The Burrows Family said...

He looks so cute in his costume! I love their first trick-or-treating experience!