Monday, November 10, 2008

7 month update

He's growing so fast. He's now 7 months old and lots of things have happened in the last month. We took him in for his 6 month appointment with the Pediatrician, and he weighed 20 lbs 7 oz, and measured 28 inches. He told us we needed to get him a new carseat, since he was about to outgrow his infant carseat. Those darn things are so expensive! So we switched him to a convertible carseat, which then required us to carry him in our arms from then on. Thank goodness it was around the same time he began sitting pretty good, so now when I have to go to the grocery store, I just put him on the seat in the shopping cart. He still sort of leans to the side a little, but I'm sure he'll be able to strengthen his back muscles soon, so he can sit in the cart and not fall over.
He also started to eat table foods and little cereal puffs. He loves table food, especially mashed potatoes! As far as the puffs, he still can't pick them up with his index finger and thumb, so I still have to put them in his mouth for him, but it's something the doctor said he'll be able to do pretty soon.
I'm getting anxious for him to start crawling (I know I shouldn't be, but I can't help but looking forward to him achieving another milestone!). He's not anywhere near achieving it, however . He hates being on his tummy, but loves to sit and look around, and play with his toys. The doctor said he wouldn't worry if he did skip the whole crawling thing and went straight to walking, but I'd love to see him crawling around! I am worried, however, that because of our hardwood floors, he may not crawl like he should, and use his feet instead of his knees. But we'll see how he does.
He's still sleeping real good through the night, which is amazing. He sleeps a whole 12 hours, and gets about 3 hours of sleep during the day. I live for his naps, because that's how I sleep when I get home from work in the mornings...
Today I'm taking him to the Pediatrician again to get his 2nd round of the flu shot, so I'm guessing he weighs around 21 lbs, and we measured him yesterday and he's 28.5 inches long! He's a heavy little dude!
-Silvia

6 comments:

Shauna said...

soooooo cute!! I can't believe he is 7 months already!

Weisenbeck Family said...

I can't believe how fast our kids are growing up. He is so cute, I love those cheeks.

Palfreyman said...

Those cheeks are so cute I just want to pinch him, I cant beleive is already 7 months old and weighs more than my Gavin. He is too cute!!

Lee & Winsie said...

Silvia, I love that picture of Jacen! He is so adorable! I just want to squeeze him! hehe. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. It seems like you just told me you were pregnant! It's crazy. You are such a good mom Silvia, I look up to you so much. I don't know how you do everything sometimes, but you do an incredible job. You and Elijah are just such cute parents. Your little family makes me happy:) I hope you're having a good week so far!! Thanks again for the sweet comments on my blog! Talk soon:)
Lee

Christine said...

Ooh I love his cute little baby plumpmess. Enjoy it while it lasts. He'll start to get tall and lean when he starts crawling more. Who did you end up picking as your Pediatrician? I'm glad to hear all is well with your fam.

Harris Family said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That is ONE GOOD LOOKIN' KID!!!!!