Thursday, November 27, 2008

Successful meal!








So Thanksgiving was held at our place this year. It was really fun to prepare for it, and since I was doing the cooking, I began preparations one month ago (literally!). I was so nervous... but as soon as I faced the naked turkey (without the wrapping, I mean), I got REAL scared. Then it was time to stuff the thing... because washing it wasn't enough. Oh yuck. I thought I was going to puke. It was so sick!
Grandpa Beach came over, along with Susan and Roy (Elijah's mom and step-dad), and my mom. My brother James came over for a little while but he left before we ate. It was great to have the family together to enjoy a good meal!
Everything turned out great, but it wouldn't be a "made by Silvia" meal if there wasn't something burned. So I managed to burn the marshmallows on top of the home made sweet potatoes. I was bummed. But oh well, it gave a nice crispiness to the dish. And somehow I didn't like the stuffing I made either; it was too salty, but everyone else said it tasted just fine. Maybe I got a portion that wasn't mixed well?! Who knows.
All in all it was a successful Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a great day with your families, and that you stuffed yourselves full!
-Silvia

8 comments:

December said...

Good Job Silvia! Wish we could have been there too. We love you so much! Happy Thanksgiving.

Jenn & Jake said...

Congrats Sillie! Wish I could've been there to try some. You would've loved the pies I made this year, my first time making something by myself for the holidays, another passage into womanhood I think, lol. Love you!

Lisa Marie said...

I love those pictures of you haha! That's awesome that you cooked Thanksgiving...I'm not looking forward to the first time I have to do that...haha. But I did make most of the pies for our dinner this year, easy. Can't wait to see you on the 6th!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first successful Thanksgiving! You look so domestic and lovely, Mrs. Caswell. We had our first made-by-us Thanksgiving this year too. It was a success. We're having lots of turkey sandwiches today.

Weisenbeck Family said...

Wow, I am impressed. I would be so scared to cook for everyone. I'm glad it all turned out so well.

Harris Family said...

Looks Great! Congrulations on your first self-made Thanksgiving Feast. You are so ambitious; I can't believe it...

Kenna, Sulli and Mommy said...

Way to go! I bet it was fantastic! =)

Karly said...

Darn... I wanted to say Way to go but she beat me.. I don't have anything else clever to say! YOU DID IT! YAY... I don't cook well enough for thanksgiving.