So on Facebook I was looking at this group of "IHC & the missing 401k funds". IHC decided to suspend all of the 401(k) matching for next year. I know that in my department people are furious. I love my work because of the people that I work with, and the kind of work that I do, but, I'll throw this out on the table and say (and not be ashamed of it): IHC is not a great company to work for. We get the worst pay of all the hospital chains around the state. I honestly believe we give the greatest care to our patients, compared to other hospitals, but upper management does not treat their employees well enough. They got rid of our summer gifts. When I first started with them, we got gift cards for a night at the movies and $25 for Olive Garden. Our Christmas bonus was $400- now it's going to be $250. We probably won't get much of a raise either. What's up with that?! Someone on that group on Facebook couldn't have put it better:
Get rid of the fancy, multi-colored benefits brochure designed to convince me that my mediocre benefits are really, really, cool. Get rid of the fancy, multi-colored year-end State of IHC mailing. Get rid of the television & radio ads. (If a 14 story, new and shiny building on State St ain't enough then just forget it. Get rid of all the bells and whistles that make upper management feel like they're doing a marvelous job. $$$ is where the rubber meets the road. Give me back my 401K match. Give me more that "a modest" raise. Give me cheaper, better insurance. Give me a break.
IHC's insurance program is a joke. I pay more than one of my friends that has the exact same benefits from Select Health, and she gets the benefits from her husband's work. Are you kidding me?!?!?! Next year I'll be paying $220/month on insurance. This is insane!!!! we should be getting a discount on their insurance because we work for them, not the other way around! I know a lot of people are quitting, and I don't blame them. Instead of focusing so much on advertising and doing all this fancy crap, they need to focus on keeping their employees happy.
I'm sorry that was a bit of a venting blog, but seriously, I'm not happy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. That sucks. Chris always refers to my days at IHC as working for the evil empire. I don't understand why nurses in Utah haven't unionized yet. IHC has a huge monopoly on healthcare and it drives wages and benefits down immensely. Revolt, sister!
I agree! I've been saying this all along. It's very sad!
I agree that is so lame! We all deserve to get paid more!
You're absolutely right. Discover Card is also treating their employees badly. Two years ago, we were getting about 20% of our income from good performance incentive and a hefty yearly January Bonus. Now, we get 0 incentive, no bonus, and higher-priced health insurance. I'm sorry IHC does not appreciate what great employees they have!
That is so ridiculous Silvia! I'm so sorry! Why can't companies learn that they need to keep their employees happy? I mean it's common sense that it benefits the company all-around when their employees are happy. I can't believe you have to pay that much for insurance too, that's so crappy.:( I think it's safe to say that out of all fields where the employees should be treated well and should be made to feel secure and happy, healthcare should definitely be top of the list. It's such an important field. I'm sorry Silvia!
WOW. I had no idea...makes me even happier that I quit when I did! For your sake, I hope those idiots pull their heads out! What a joke.
OH my gosh I know it pisses me off so bad. Everything about that place is screwed up. It makes me so mad. Just more of a reason for me to go back and get my degree so I can work somewhere else and make alot more moolah.
HA HA! SO GLAD I LEFT WHEN I DID! I FREAKING LOVE ST MARKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! I GET PAID ABOUT 5 BUCKS MORE! SORRY YOU GUYS HAVE TO DEAL THOUGH. THEY ARE WAY LAME!
Post a Comment