Friday, June 19, 2009

Major changes... BIG ONES!

I'm officially an alumni from Salt Lake Community College, class of 2009! Well, it's not exciting, except for the fact that I graduated with Honors and had no idea... LOL I don't seem to realize things until they're actually just about to happen. For example, I didn't know I was graduating with my Associate's until February. Then I didn't know I was graduating with Honors until a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what my deal is, but I'm just darn glad I'm D-O-N-E with stupid general classes. Those are such a pain. Oh, and I forgot... some of you are probably wondering what I changed my major to. Turns out the U of U didn't like my plan of education, so I had to pick out something different instead. And I picked... *drums please!* Anthropology with Health Emphasis. I know, I know. So odd... I completely understand. But the classes seem really cool and I'm excited for it. And the thing I'm most excited about is that it's a brand new major at the U that was designed by the Dean of the Medical School up there, so I get brownie points for taking it once I apply to Med School and they see it on my application :D So there! And Elijah also changed his major so he can teach high school (either geography or history) and to coach high school football. Therefore, he's transferring to SLCC in the Fall from the VERY expensive Florida Inst. of Tech. and we won't have to pay $50G's like it was originally going to be... thank the heavens!



Then some other big news from the Little Man.... He learned to walk! He took his first real steps on the 15th but we waited to get it on tape for a few days because we wanted to make sure he wouldn't forget how to do it overnight LOL So we're very excited because it means we can quit carrying the 28 pounder around our house, and I'm sure our downstairs neighbors will appreciate less noise :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! You're coming to D.C.! We MUST hang out. I miss you so much. We have so much to talk about. Congratulations on your degree! You work so hard. I'm still waiting for some letters next to my name.

Crystal and Nathan said...

Congrats on all the sschool changes! And oh my gosh he is so adourable walking!!! Cute boy!!!

Shauna said...

Congrats on graduating!!! What an awesome awesome AWESOME achievement!! I'm so proud! :) And I LOVE the new hairdo! You look totally hot!

Mary said...

Adam just graduated from the U, and his major just happened to be Anthropology. Let him know if you have any questions about classes or professors.

The Lilly's said...

Congrats and good job on the Honors! Sounds like that will be a cool major, good luck with everything!

Karly said...

Way to go girl! It feels good to be done with the first little bit I am sure!

Sarah Kathryn said...

Congrats with school! My husband did History and loved it, he doesn't want to coach but he does want to teach. Good luck with everything, I am excited for you all!

Rob and Jenni Holman said...

wow!! sounds like fun! and i cant believe hes walking.. it makes life easier and harder, if hes anything like kaden when he started to walk now he wants to be independant!!!

The Lymans said...

I knew he'd start walking soon! It's so much fun to watch their first steps, huh?

The Burrows Family said...

How cute is that? I love it when they start walking! They're so cute! But a lot busier! Congrats on graduating with honors!!! That's awesome!