Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy birthday to Elijah!

This year I decided to throw Elijah a surprise birthday party. I don't think he's had one in AGES! Although his birthday isn't until the 27th, I decided to do it yesterday because of school starting. I didn't want him to think I wasn't going to do anything for it!
Our crazy day started at 5:30am, when we decided it was time for me to go to the ER. I had been having pain on my right side of the abdomen for 2 nights, and finally it got severe enough that we thought it may be appendicitis.
After having a CT scan and a pelvic exam (the latter I thought was unnecessary), we considered it to be a mysterious pain and I got discharged around 10am. Even though my blood pressure plummetted (went from 135/71 at arrival to 90/50 at discharge) and nearly passed out a few times, I decided we still needed to do the birthday party, despite the fact I was nauseated. So I got out of bed at 11am and started cleaning the house.... smart, huh? Eventually I went to Baskin Robbins to pick up his A*W*E*S*O*M*E ice cream cake (white cake and cookie dough ice cream). By the time I made it home to send him out of the house, I couldn't even lift a finger... I wanted to go to bed so bad, but bigger plans were in the horizon, and I couldn't cancel the party then since it would start in 15 minutes!
Once all our guests arrived and we waited for Elijah, he finally showed back home at the appointed time. He was so excited to see everyone!

Here are all our guests :)

We had to quickly sing Happy Birthday (which, by the way, I found out that you're not supposed to sing it in public unless you have rights from whoever wrote the song) before the cake would melt. It was soooo yummy! Oh, and you can't really see it in the picture, but Elijah just turned 24 :)

It was a great birthday party and thanks to everyone that showed up! Sorry I was a terrible host.... I was so pooped by the end of the day, but it was worth getting out of bed for it!
Happy 24th Birthday, Elijah!

3 comments:

Rob and Jenni Holman said...

you were a great host!!! it was a lot of fun.. it was great seeing you guys!!! we hope that elijah has a great b-day

Lee & Winsie said...

sounds like fun :) Hope Elijah has a fun birthday!

The Lilly's said...

What a trooper of a wife you are. I hope the mystery pain doesn't come back!